Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Anti-Poetry Poetry

So recently was just in the time of year in english class where the teacher starts to whip out the poetry book. Poetry just isn't for me; sorry poetry enthusiasts. But in my boredom for poetry I got involved with writing anti-poetry, which I surprisingly enjoyed. I popped in my headphones in my Ipod and started writing down my ideas in my "Notes" app for the Ipod Touch, and heres what came out:

1st one:
Poetry,
Loaded sentances,
Like questions,
Objection.

2nd:
Hey look!
Unconventional
----------------Sentance
---------Structure...
-------Minimal Words...
S P A C E
-------------Wonder
-----------------------What's [inside]
like
-------------a picture?

3rd:

Keep it simple,
Like Occam,
and his razor.
But don't forget
The open ended suggestions
Or it will be read but once

4th:

Poetry,
Its meaning deep like oceans.
Like oceans,
Much the same.

Thats it. I don't know I kind of liked a couple of them, and surprisingly enjoyed writing it. I actually think that there's plenty of poetry that I would enjoy greatly, just not the stuff I read in class. So these poems are only influenced by the poetry and poets that I have learned about in class. Maybe I'll find some that I like some time, just not now, because I don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment